Sunday, May 02, 2010

Art Crawl 1, the Storm, and Art Crawl 2

I had a pleasant time at Art Crawl last night, but it really was just a half-sized version. The Arcade galleries, Estel, and DPC were open, but the 5th Avenue galleries got together and closed. And I guess one of them sent out an email that Crawl was off. Thanks to that and also to the unquestionably foul weather, the crowds were pretty small, at least as long as I was around. I can't remember which one of the galleries sent out the email message, but they said they would reschedule, and that's the point of this post--this is an appendix to my listing to say keep an eye out for word on a rescheduled Art Crawl. Sometime after you've put the Ark back into dry dock. From the conversations I had, the Arcade galleries will run receptions again whenever May Art Crawl 2 gets scheduled.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My name is Don. I have been creating art for 35 years. I went to school and got a BA in Fine Art. I had a family and supported them. All the while a created. I have pretty much stayed out of the mainstream art culture. Not because of me life, but because I wanted to truly create what I felt with no influences. I now have several hundred pieces that I want to expose. Any ideas on how to proceed would be much appreciated.